The TakeMeHome Website is funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), for the Evaluation of Demonstration Project for Update of Self-Test Kits contract. This website and the provision of self-test kits is implemented in conjunction with Emory University’s Rollins School of Public Health, Building Healthy Online Communities (BHOC), Keymind, a division of Axiom Resource Management, Inc., and OraSure Technologies, Inc.
Insignia Federal Group (Insignia Federal) is committed to maintaining your privacy and protecting your personal information when you visit this website. With respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of personally identifiable information (PII), Insignia Federal complies with all applicable federal laws.
- Insignia Federal does not collect any personally identifiable information (PII) when you visit any of this site unless you choose to provide that information to us.
- Any PII that you choose to provide is fully protected.
- Non-PII information related to your visit to our websites may be automatically collected and temporarily stored.
Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website:
Information Received and Retained by Insignia Federal Group
Information You Give Us
You do not have to provide any personal information to visit the Take Me Home website unless you order free self-test kits. If you choose to order the free self-test kits and provide us with any personal information by filling out a form and submitting it through our website, we will use that information to fulfill the order. We will maintain any information you provide in accordance with applicable federal laws. Insignia Federal will not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about visitors to our websites, unless required by law enforcement or by statute.
After you provide information to fulfil your order, we ask additional questions to better understand who in the U.S. needs free HIV self-test kits. None of these are required to receive a kit. CDC will receive aggregate reports of this data but will not receive any personal identifying information that can be used to trace or identify a person.
We use Amazon for fulfilment of the self-test kits. Your name, address, and email address are the only data sent to Amazon. This information and your order is not associated with any existing Amazon accounts you may have. Amazon will use your address to ship the kit to you and your email address to send you tracking information.
Visits to Take Me Home
When browsing the Take Me Home website, certain information about your visit can be collected. When browsing, reading pages, filling in forms, filling in survey questions, or via APIs on other websites, specific information is gathered and stored automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and temporarily store only the following information about your visit:
- the Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if a private Internet access account is used, or “yourschool.edu” if connecting from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when surfing the Web);
- Information about your computer or mobile device (e.g., type and version of web browser, operating system, screen resolution, and connection speed);
- the visit date and time;
- The pages or screens accessed or visited on Take Me Home; and
- The internet address or URL of the website visited immediately prior to visiting the Take Me Home website.
Current Third-Party Tools/ Pages
Below is the list of third-party tools used on Take Me Home website as well as some of the main public-facing CDC profiles/accounts on third-party websites. Insignia Federal may use non-public accounts for testing and other internal uses. We will revise or update this list periodically to provide most current information about these third-party tools and social media profiles.
The Take Me Home site also uses web measurements and customization technologies (such as “cookies”). You can choose not to accept cookies from any website, including Take Me Home by changing your browser settings.